Nursery at Prudhoe Castle First School
In September 2017, Prudhoe Castle First School opened a new Early Years Unit enabling us to take children from the age of 2.
The Early Years Unit is led by Mrs Trish Pearson and three Early Years practitioners – Mrs Noonan, Mrs Robson and Mrs Robinson. Children can attend from the age of 2 and will stay within the unit through to Reception before moving on to KS1.
School starts at 9.00 am each morning. The 3 and 4 year olds have a wonderful mixed provision incorporating all ares of the curriculum into distinctive areas of the classroom. We have our own outside area that we use all year round.
Our 2 year olds have their own classroom which has been purposely designed to meet the needs of the children of that age.
Lunch can also be ordered if your child stays for the full day.
We also have a very successful wrap around care facility which opens at 7.30am and closes at 5.30pm which is available for ages 3 – 9
If you would like more information, please get in touch with school to arrange a visit and further information. We look forward to welcoming you to our friendly and happy school.
30 free hours – childcare entitlement for 3 and 4 year old children of working families
Do you earn less than £100,000 per year?
Will your child be attending a 3 or 4 year old early education setting?
If so, they may be entitled to a further 15 hours of free childcare per week, for 38 weeks per year.
The aim of the extended entitlement is to:
- Support working parents to manage the cost of childcare.
- Support parents into work.
- Allow parents to increase their working hours, should they wish to.
- Some providers will offer “stretched” entitlement, meaning children can attend fewer hours per week over more than 38 weeks a year.
- Parents can choose more than one provider to share these hours; however, the number of sites accessed in one day must not exceed two.
The additional hours will be available for families where:
- Both parents are working (employed or self-employed) or the sole parent is working in a lone parent family. Each parent earns below £100,000 per year and no less than the weekly equivalent of 16 hours at National Minimum Wage.
- Both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the workplace on parental, maternity, paternity leave or adoption leave.
- Both parents are employed but one or both parents is temporarily away from the work place on statutory sick pay.
- One parent is employed and the other parent has a substantial caring responsibilities based on specific benefits received for caring.
Depending on your child’s age, we are able to offer:
- Morning or full day sessions at nursery.
- Wrap around care at Castle Kids Club from 7.30am until 5.30pm.
- Visit https://www.childcarechoices.gov.uk/
- Complete the online application.
- Make a note of your unique voucher code.
To secure your 30-hour funded place with us:
- Complete the funding declaration form and provide us with your voucher code number, national insurance and date of birth.
- Your details will be verified via our online portal.
- You will be contacted to issue you with a start date.
- You must validate your voucher code every three months.
How do I reconfirm?
You will get a text and/or email four weeks before your reconfirmation deadline from HMRC as a prompt to log into your Childcare Service account.
Your reconfirmation date is stored in your ‘secure messages’ and the section reconfirmation.
You can reconfirm your eligibility up to 4 weeks before your reconfirmation date.
What if I miss the reconfirmation deadline?
If you miss the deadline, or if your circumstances change, you will get a message to say your eligibility has ended. You will be able to keep your childcare place for the grace period. You will need to submit another application if you become eligible for the 30 hours and present your new voucher code to us again.
Please check online for more guidance for help paying for childcare, including funding available for 2 year old children.